Zoetis Dectomax Injectable 1% Solution 200mL
Style #: 10002350
- The treatment and control of internal and external parasites of cattle.
- It is safe for use in beef cattle, including pregnant cows, newborn calves and bulls.
- The control of the following harmful species of gastrointestinalroundworms, lungworms, eyeworms, grubs (see precautions), sucking liceand mange mites. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in thediagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- DECTOMAX Injectable solution has been proven to effectively control infections and protect cattle from reinfection with Cooperia oncophora and Haemonchus placei for 14 days, Ostertagia ostertagi for 21 days and for Cooperia punctata, Oesophagostomum radiatum and Dictyocaulus viviparus for 28 days after treatment.
DECTOMAX® Injectable Solution is a ready-to-use, colorless to pale yellow, sterile solution containing 1% w/v doramectin (10 mg/mL). In cattle, DECTOMAX is formulated to deliver the recommended dosage (200 mcg/kg of body weight) when given bysubcutaneous (SC) or intramuscular (IM) injection at the rate of 1mL/110 lb of body weight.
DECTOMAX® Injectable Solution is indicated for thetreatment and control of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms,eyeworms, grubs (see precautions), sucking lice and mange mites. Consultyour veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, andcontrol of parasitism.
- DECTOMAX Injectable solution was the first cattle endectocide oranthelmintic labeled for extended activity—up to 21 days—against Ostertagia ostertagi,one of the most damaging internal parasites. Controlling infection over an extended period delays accumulation of adult worms, subsequently reducing the number of parasite eggs shed onto pasture.
- DECTOMAX also protects against infection or reinfection with Dictyocaulaus viviparus, Oesophagostomum radiatum and Cooperia punctata for up to 28 days.
- No other single injectable product controls a broader spectrum of internal and external parasites as DECTOMAX—including 36 stages of adult parasites, L4 larvae and inhibited larvae.
- As an injectable solution, DECTOMAX offers precision dosing.
- DECTOMAX is a tissue-friendly injectable solution that can beadministered by subcutaneous (SC) or intramuscular (IM) injection in theneck region. The recommended route is via SQ injection to minimize therisk of injection-site blemishes and is in accord with Beef QualityAssurance guidelines.
DECTOMAX is safe for use in beef cattle, including pregnant cows, newborn calves and bulls.
100-mL, 200-mL and 500-mL multi-dose, rubber-capped amber glassbottles contained in a clear polycarbonate shield. The polycarbonateshield holds the bottle during use, has a pre-drilled eye-hook for easyhanging, and can be recycled.
Dosage and Administration
Administer DECTOMAX injectable solution at the recommended dosage of 1mL (10 mg doramectin) per 110 lb body weight by either subcutaneous orintramuscular injection. Beef Quality Assurance guidelines recommendsubcutaneous administration as the preferred route.
Injections should be given using 16- to 18-gauge needles,regardless of administration route. Needles 1/2 to 3/4 inches in lengthare suggested for SC injections, which should be given under the looseskin in front of or behind the shoulder. A 1 1/2-inch needle issuggested for IM injections. The only area for IM injections is themuscular region of the neck