Style #: 14613005
Enter a different address
- Kentucky Performance Products
- Designed to be fed daily to support adequante antioxidant levels in hard working horses of all ages
- Supports healthy muscles during training and competition
- Formulated to support optimal performance
- Blend of Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Selenium, Magnesium
Myo-Guard was developed to sustain optimal performance in horses of all types. It provides a blend of antioxidants that support healthy muscle function during training and competition. Horses with healthy muscles have more stamina and strength, are quicker to recovery after vigorous exercise, and are less likely to develop muscle disorders.
Antioxidants protect cells and tissues from a normal metabolic process called oxidation, which is the use of oxygen to break down carbohydrates, fats, and protein for energy. A byproduct of oxidation is the formation of free radicals, compounds that damage cells and tissues. This damage is also known as oxidative stress. Horses at rest typically have enough antioxidants to ward off the ill effects of normal oxidative stress, but horses being asked to exercise on a daily basis may need supplementation to meet the increased demand for antioxidants caused by increased muscle activity. In the performance horse, signs of oxidative stress may surface as muscle soreness or stiffness and delayed recovery from intense exercise. Myo-Guard contains a unique blend of antioxidants, including natural vitamin E, selenium, and vitamin C. Supplementing with Myo-Guard helps the horse maintain sufficient antioxidant levels during periods of training and competition.
- Myo-Guard contains natural vitamin E, selenium, vitamin C, and magnesium
- The natural vitamin E in Myo-Guard is preferentially transported throughout the body and is retained in tissues for longer periods of time than synthetic vitamin E
- Myo-Guard helps maintain optimal muscle function, which reduces the incidence of stiffness and soreness after a challenging workout or competition