Merck Safe-Guard Cattle & Horse Dewormer Paste 92g
Style #: 001-809092 Coupons Not Applicable
- Active Ingredient: 10% (fenbendazole)
- Oral dewormer paste for the control and removal of various parasites in horses, beef and dairy cattle.
- Under conditions of continued exposure to parasites, retreatment may be needed after 4-6 weeks.
- Cattle must not be slaughtered within 8 days following last treatment. No milk withdrawal period in dairy cattle.
Safe-Guard® (fenbendazole) Paste 10% is indicated for the control of large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms, ascarids and arteritis caused by fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris in horses.
- Safe for foals and pregnant mares
- Easy-to-administer with apple-cinnamon taste that horses readily accept 1
- Each 92 gm tube deworms 8 horses of 500 lbs. each.
1 Safe-Guard (fenbendazole) Paste 10% product label.
Warnings: Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism. Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
Beef and Dairy Cattle:
Safe-Guard® (fenbendazole) Paste 10% is indicated for the removal and control of lungworms; stomach worms (barberpole worm, brown stomach worm, small stomach worm); intestinal worms (hookworm, thread-necked intestinal worm, small intestinal worm, bankrupt worm, nodular worm) in beef and dairy cattle.
- Administer orally to beef and dairy cattle
- Retreatment may be needed after 4 to 6 weeks if there’s continued exposure to parasites
- Apple-cinnamon taste
- Each 92 gm tube deworms 4,000 lb. of cattle
Warnings: Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism.
Residue Warnings: Cattle must not be slaughtered within 8 days following last treatment. There are no known contraindications to the use of the drug in cattle. In dairy cattle, there is no milk withdrawal period
The Science of Deworming