Keratex Nail Hole Disinfectant
Style #: 14560-1
- Highly penetrating disinfectant liquid
- Carries special disinfectant agents into the horn and white line tissue surrounding the nail homes.
- Use to maintain the white line tissue in a healthy condition
- Strengthens the horn around old nail holes to prevent splitting
- Apply weekly for best results
- 200ml plastic squirt bottle
Keratex Nail Hole Disinfectant uses a state of the art penetrating fluid to carry special disinfecting agents into the horn and white line tissue surrounding the nail hole. It should be used to maintain the white line tissue in a healthy condition. Very often the first signs of a problem may be unexplained lameness, which on inspection may reveal cavities under the hoof wall adjacent to old nail holes.
Keratex Nail Hole Disinfectant was developed following requests from farriers and vets to find a disinfecting fluid capable of penetrating old nail holes, and able to permeate through surrounding tissue from the exit hole right through to the entry hole at the base of the hoof wall.
Because most problems affecting the hoof capsule are initiated by either a breakdown in the structure, such as softening by urine or water, or intrusions exposing deeper otherwise enclosed tissue (ie: nail holes), it is essential to ensure that the whole hoof is kept free from bacteria and fungal spores. Additionally, Keratex Nail Hole Disinfectant will strengthen the horn around old nail holes to prevent splitting in this vulnerable area.