Forshner's Hoof Packing 4 lb
Style #: 13353807
Enter a different address
- Ready-to-use emollient hoof packing
- Aids in prevention of hardened frogs
- Vital oils help retain moisture
- Excellent for use under pads
- 4 lb
The original ready-to-use hoof packing is a farrier favorite because it flat-out works. Forshner's® Hoof Packing features the same great formula horse owners and horseshoers have depended on for over 25 years.
- Aids in the prevention of hardened frogs, contracted heels and hoof dryness
- Contains vital oils to help retain moisture
- Excellent for use under pads before shoeing or after hard workouts
- Available in 4 lb. and 14 lb. sizes
Directions for Use:
Make sure hoof is thoroughly CLEAN and DRY. Pack in around frog. Spread layer over sole and cover with paper. Apply two or three times a week. For easier application in cold weather, keep where warm.
How to pack a hoof:
- Make sure hoof is clean and dry. Take a small amount of Forshner's (about the size of a golfball) and work in your hands until pliable.
- Pack firmly around the frog.
- Continue to cover sole of hoof completely. (Cover with paper or straw if needed.*)
- Remove with hoofpick before working horse.
*Farriers: follow above directions and cover with pad before shoeing.