Esbilac Powder 12oz
Style #: 99500
- #1 selling puppy milk replacer for puppies newborn to six weeks
- Recommended as a food source for orphaned or rejected puppies or those nursing, but needing supplemental feeding.
- Contains prebiotics and probiotics, a source of live naturally occurring microorganisms.
- Supplies necessary vitamins and minerals to ensure proper development and growth.
- Formulated to provide a caloric pattern similar to mother's milk in protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Easy to digest, highly palatable, easy to mix formula.
- Ideal supplement for post-surgery and convalescence.
- 12 oz
Directions for Mixing: Gently stir or shake one part powdered Esbilac into two parts warm water (a part may be a teaspoon, tablespoon or cup). Do not mix more Esbilac than can be consumed in 24 hours. Do not use a blender. Reconstituted Esbilac should be kept refrigerated. One 12 oz. can of powder makes approximately 60 oz. of liquid when mixed 1:2. One 28 oz. can of powder makes approximately 140 oz. of liquid when mixed 1:2. One 5 lb. bag makes approximately 400 oz. when mixed 1:2.
Directions for Feeding: All puppies should receive their mother’s milk for at least 2 days, if possible. The colostrum milk gives extra nutrition and temporary immunity against some diseases. Warm reconstituted Esbilac to room or body temperature before serving. Feed puppies 2 tablespoons (30mL) of liquid Esbilac per 4 oz. (115g) of body weight daily. The daily feeding amount should be divided into equal portions for each feeding. Puppies’ needs will vary and this amount may have to be increased or decreased, depending on the individual. Young and/or weak puppies should be fed every 3 to 4 hours. Older puppies can do well being fed every 8 hours. Weigh the puppies daily to assure adequate feeding. Consult your veterinarian for additional advice. The PetAg 2 oz. (60mL) or 4 oz. (120mL) Small Animal Nurser is suited for feeding most puppies. When puppies are old enough to lap, begin offering reconstituted Esbilac in a saucer. During the 6th week mix reconstituted Esbilac with Esbilac 2nd Step Puppy Weaning Food. Use of the Esbilac and 2nd Step will allow the puppy to be gradually switched to solid food. Pregnant and lactating bitches: Feed 2 teaspoons (4g) Esbilac powder per 5 lbs. (2.2kg) body weight daily. Growing puppies already on solid food, show dogs and/or convalescing dogs: Feed 1 teaspoon (2g) Esbilac powder per 5 lbs. (2.2kg) body weight daily by top dressing food.
Storage: Unopened powder should be stored in a cool, dry place. Reconstituted Esbilac must be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Opened powder can be refrigerated for up to 3 months, or can be frozen for up to 6 months to preserve freshness.