Elevate Se Powder 2lb
Style #: 17585213
Enter a different address
- Kentucky Peformance Products
- Contains 1mg of organic selenium per 7 gram scoop
- Contains 1,500IU natural vitamin E per 7 gram scoop
- Provides a highly bioavailable source of natural vitamin E and organic selenium
Elevate Se was formulated to supply a combination of powerful antioxidants that support the scavenging and neutralizing of the damaging oxidative byproducts known as free radicals. This unique blend of natural vitamin E and organic selenium yeast support healthy muscle, nerve and reproductive functions, and maintain a strong immune system.
Selenium works in concert with vitamin E to defend the body’s cells from damaging oxidative byproducts known as free radicals. Free radicals are released during normal energy production. Selenium is a component of glutathione peroxidase, a beneficial enzyme that prevents free radicals from forming and destroys lipid peroxidases (non-beneficial enzymes), which damage cell membranes. Once damaged, cells no longer function properly, leaving horses susceptible to multiple health problems.
Horses use energy to fuel bodily functions and movement. The greater the demand for energy, the greater the number of free radicals produced. Your horse’s body is equipped to deal with small amounts of these oxidative byproducts, but as the demand for energy increases, so does your horse’s need for additional antioxidants like vitamin E and selenium to counter the onslaught of free radicals. Hard-working horses, breeding stock, horses consuming feedstuffs low in selenium, or horses with certain muscular disorders may require supplemental vitamin E and selenium.
- Elevate Se provides a highly bioavailable and safe source of natural vitamin E and organic selenium to horses living in selenium-deficient areas of the country or to those that need additional antioxidant support.
- The organic selenium yeast found in Elevate Se is similar to that which horses would consume in a natural grazing situation. Because of its more natural form, horses absorb and retain more organic selenium in their tissues, ensuring it is readily available when needed.
- Elevate Se’s concentrated formula includes 1 mg of selenium and 1,500 IU of vitamin E per 1/4-oz serving.