Dutton Twist Snaffle Draw Gag Bit & Headstall
Style #: N2-35
- Dutton Twist Snaffle Draw Gag Bit & Headstall
- Medium to strong severity
- 3/16in Twisted Wire Mouth
- Good tune up mouthpiece
- Twist applies pressure in serrated fashion
- Allows more feel with less pressure
Medium to strong severity. 3/16" twisted wire mouth. Good tune up mouthpiece, twist applies pressure in a serrated fashion across the bars allowing more feel with less pressure.
The gag bit is designed to allow the mouthpiece to slide on a shank, rope or cable. A gag bit is used for lateral leverage and does not apply pressure to the bars of the horse’s mouth. It is most often used in barrel racing to elevate a horse in a turn. In general, gag bits are designed to work without a curb chain to not restrict the draw action. Although some cheeks are designed to work with a curb, these bits have a restricted slide area.