Dutton Large Lifesaver Cavalry 8in. Cheek Bit
Style #: 07-30I
- Dutton Bits
- 1 1/2" Large Lifesaver Ring
- Allows great reach to the outside of the bars on the horses mouth
- Copper Inlaid Bars
- A swept back shank to discourage a horse from playing with the shank. This cheek allows for great balance to the bit as well as the length increases the amount of leverage to your horse's chin and poll.
- This Cavalry Shank Bit design has a 2.5" purchase, 5" shank and an 8" cheek
- Center ring works primarily on tongue pressure
- Encourgages flexion at the poll, headset and collection
- The bars of this bit are angled for Mullen Relief that makes a bit sit comfortably in a horses mouth
- Medium severity
- Comes with a bit hobble
This 1 1/2" Large Lifesaver Bit works primarily on tongue pressure and then to the bars of the mouth. If you are needing a lifesaver bit that works on less tongue pressure try this one. The 8" Cheek is balanced and the length of the shank increases the leveage.