Dutton 2 1/4in. High Correction with Copper Rollers Cavalry 8in. Cheek Bit
Style #: 07-08
- Dutton Bits
- 2 1/4" High Correction Bit
- This bit will work a lot off of palate pressure on the roof of the mouth (since it is 2" or higher)
- Loose Copper Rollers on the bars that move out of the way and increase bar pressure that cues collection and flexion from a horse
- This Cavalry Shank Bit design has a 2.5" purchase, 5" shank and an 8" cheek
- A swept back shank to discourage a horse from playing with the shank.This cheek allows for great balance to the bit as well as the lengthincreases the amount of leverage to your horse's chin and poll.
- Comes with a bit hobble
- Strong Severity
- We recommend using this bit as a training tool and not riding in it everyday.
This bit is a great tool for a broke horse that needs light cues for collection and flexion. This 2 1/4" high port will work mostly off of palate pressure on the roof of the mouth and increase bar pressure from the copper rollers. This bit will give some tongue relief to the center of the tongue where the port is located. We recommend using this bit as a training tool and not for everyday riding.