Dutton 1 1/4in. Rounded Low Port Chain Cavalry 8in. Cheek Bit
Style #: CH-8
- Dutton Bits
- 1 1/4" Rounded Low Port that has copper inlay on the port backside
- ChainMouth Across The Bars that are twisted backwards allows for equalpressure and release on both sides of the bars in the horses mouth
- Applies pressure mainly on the bars and outer edge of the tongue, whileallowing tongue relief to the center of the tongue where the port islocated
- A swept back shank to discourage a horse from playing with the shank.This cheek allows for great balance to the bit as well as the lengthincreases the amount of leverage to your horse's chin and poll.
- This Cavalry Shank Bit design has a 2.5" purchase, 5" shank and an 8" cheek
- Comes with a bit hobble
This 1 1/4" Rounded Low Port bit works mainly on the bars and outer edge of a horse's tongue. The low port will give some center tongue relief. The 8" Cheek has great balance and leverage. Click here to see this bit in a 6.5" Cheek.
Dutton Bits were introduced in 1976 when the founder, Greg Dutton, made his first horse bit. Dutton bits come in many styles and types to fit every kind of horse and rider.