Dutton 1 1/2in. Port with Twisted Copper Bars Cavalry 8in. Cheek Bit
Style #: 07-D2
- Dutton Bits
- 1 1/2" rounded port (this bit will not work a lot off of palate pressure on the roof of the horses mouth since the port is not 2" or higher)
- 1/4" Twist with Copper inlay down the twist of the bars on the mouthpiece
- This bit will help encourage collection and flexion as this bit mainly works off of bar pressure where the twists on this mouthpiece is located
- This bit will give tongue relief where the port of the bit is located
- This bit will also work off of outside tongue pressure
- The bars of this bit are angled for Mullen Relief that makes a bit sit comfortably in a horses mouth
- A swept back shank to discourage a horse from playing with the shank.This cheek allows for great balance to the bit as well as the lengthincreases the amount of leverage to your horse's chin and poll.
- This Cavalry Shank Bit design has a 2.5" purchase, 5" shank and an 8" cheek
- Copper twist is to increase the taste appeal to a horse and also increase salivation
- We recommend using this bit as a training tool and not riding in it everyday.
- Medium to strong severity
- Comes with a bit hobble
1/4" twisted bar piece with copper laid down twist to help encourage a horse to collect and break at the poll with your cues. The 8" cheek on this bit will have a lot of leverage to also help with collection. We recommend using this bit as a training tool and not riding in it everyday.