Chamberlain's Leather Milk #8 Saddle and Tack Salve
Style #: CLM-8-12
- Chamberlain's Leather Milk
- Saddle and Tack Salve
- Premium Saddle and Tack Conditioner
- 12 oz
- Vital emollients, nutrients and powerful UV protectants handpicked to preserve and condition leather
- Comes with a Reusable Cotton Terry Leather Protector Applicator Pad
- Made in Texas
- All-Natural, Non-Toxic
How to use Saddle and Tack Salve:
1. Shake well. Test recipe first in a discreet area and allow to dry naturally in a cool, clean location away from sunlight and heat. If you do not find excess color rub off, discoloration in leather, or any other negative effect, it is safe to use on your leather.
2. Clean over the surface of your leather with a damp cloth or Saddle Washing Soap No.7 if necessary. When the leather is dry, shake your Leather Milk formula bottle well and gently massage the leather conditioner evenly across your leather’s surface. An uneven spread may lead to a splotchy dry. Use thin layers, giving your leather as many coats as it needs, but only as much conditioner as it can absorb. If piled on too thickly, the leather conditioner will leave sticky residue.
3. Allow your leather to dry naturally. After the leather has absorbed all the conditioner it can, buff off any remaining residue, and let it set. For best result, allow the leather to sit overnight.
4. Use Saddle & Tack Salve as often as you feel your leather needs it. It is usually best to condition 2-4 times a year, depending on the climate and amount of use the leather will receive, as well as its type (how it was made). If your leather is feeling rough and dry, starts squeaking, or develops other textural changes, it may be time to re-condition.
Saddle & Tack Salve No.8 is a hearty me´lange of vital emollients, nutrients and powerful UV protectants handpicked to preserve and condition your leather. Whether it’s hot and dry, rainy and cold, wet and humid, Recipe No.8 is a reliable companion that will not let you down. With a rich, creamy texture and balanced pH, this conditioner stands above its peers for its quality, FDA approved, cosmetic grade ingredients, all-natural, and with no added dye or scent irritants. This means the recipe will not harm human or horse skin, and is environmentally friendly – in fact, we’ve watched some people drink Leather Milk straight out of the bottle! We wouldn’t personally advise doing this, of course!
Leather Milk’s extra UV protection means your saddle can take the heat without cracking up and drying out. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for leather, and it is more important now than ever to equip your leather with the protection it needs to live a long and healthy life. In addition to protection against sunlight, Saddle & Tack Salve provides a good defense against weather and other spillage as well, giving you plenty of time to clean your leather before anything has time to absorb beneath its barrier.
Like all of Chamberlain’s leather conditioners, Saddle & Tack Salve should enrich your leather’s color and give it a soft, supple texture that it deserves. As this recipe absorbs and conditions, it will strengthen the fibers of your leather, making it grow stronger, and live longer. A light cleaning property permits Saddle and Tack to give your leather a gentle surface cleansing. All Leather Milk products are made in USA.
Saddle & Tack Salve should not be treated as a deep cleaner. This means that any stain below the leather’s surface (or any stain that has had time to set) will probably not come out with this formula. Saddle & Tack Salve will remove light surface contaminants, such as dust, but it is not intended for cleaning any task beyond routine spot dusting. For difficult leather stains, use a deep cleaner, such as Chamberlain's Saddle Washing Soap #7.
Saddle & Tack Salve should neither be treated as a waterproofer. While this recipe will repel weather very effectively (particularly effectively on saddle and tack), it may not completely prevent absorption if fluids are allowed to set in, or if there is exposure to excessively harsh weather. A heavy conditioner, such as Chamberlain’s Water Protectant No.3, is recommended if your leather will be encountering excessively harsh environments and weather. If you use Saddle & Tack Salve to condition your leather, you will not need to treat this leather with any other conditioner afterward (unless your leather will absorb it).
Saddle & Tack Salve is not designed for suede, nubuck, or any other suede-like leather.