Dutton Twisted Wire Low Floating Hood Bit
Style #: A-82-122
- Dutton Bits
- Low Floating Hood (very similar to a dogbone mouthpiece)
- Ridges in the twisted wire bars motivate horses to not brace against the rider's hands.
- Allows for more feel to the bars without more pressure
- 3 Small Copper Rings promote salivation in the mouth, enhancing the taste of the bit to a horse as well as a horse that is nervous can roll this rings in its mouth for relief
- This Short Shank Bit design has a 2.5" purchase, 3.5" shank and a 6.5" cheek
- The bars of this bit are angled for mullen relief that makes a bit to sit comfortably in a horses mouth
- Light to Medium Severity
This is a great bit that will meet the need for a lot of horse and rider's. The hood on this bit acts very similar to that of a dogbone mouthpiece. It is a three piece bit that lays nicely across the bars and tongue and allows reach to the outside pressure points of the bars.