Merck Safe-Guard Medicated Dewormer Block 25 lb
Style #: 01-069291
- Active Ingredient: Fenbendazole (750 mg/lb)
- En-Pro-Al Molasses Block for the removal and control of Lungworm: Stomachworms: Barberpole, Brown, Small. Intestinal Worms: Hookworm, Thread-necked, Small, Bankrupt & Nodular.
- Designed for deworming pastured cattle by feeding these medicated blocks for three (3) days only as the sole source of salt.
- Adequate forage must be available at all times to cattle receiving supplemental block feeding. It is essential to establish full cattle adaptation to supplemental block feeding prior to treating cattle; see label for details.
- Cattle must not be slaughtered within 11 days following last treatment. If continued exposure, retreatment may be needed after 6 to 8 weeks.
- 25lb block
For the removal and control of: Lungworm; Stomach worms: Barberpole worms, Brown stomach worms, Small stomach worms; Intestinal worms: Hookworms, Thread-necked intestinal worms, Small intestinal worms; Bankrupt worms; Nodular worms.
Administration and Dosage
Adequate forage must be available at all times to cattle receiving supplemental block feeding.
Safe-Guard® (fenbendazole) En-Pro-Al Molasses Deworming Supplement Block (Medicated) is designed for deworming pastured cattle by feeding these medicated blocks for three (3) days only as the sole source of salt.
It is essential to establish full cattle adaptation to supplemental block feeding prior to treating cattle with Safe-Guard® En-Pro-Al® Molasses Deworming Block (Medicated). Cattle behavior and per capita consumption must be established by feeding non-medicated En-Pro-Al® Blocks prior to medicated block treatment. Adaption to block feed intake for medicated treatment may take twelve (12) to nineteen (19) days prior exposure to unmedicated feed blocks depending on consumption rates and environmental conditions. When cattle block consumption of 0.1 pound (1.6 oz) per 100 pounds of body weight (or 1.0 lb for mature cattle) per day is attained for several days on the nonmedicated En-Pro-Al® Block, the three (3) day medicated treatment with Safe-Guard® En-Pro-Al® Molasses Deworming Supplement Blocks (Medicated) may begin.
1.67 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight per day for three (3) days. Total dose for the three (3) day period of 5 mg fenbendazole per kg of body weight (2.27 mg fenbendazole per pound).
CONSULT YOUR VETERINARIAN FOR ASSISTANCE IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND CONTROL OF PARASITISM.
Cattle must not be slaughtered within 11 days following last treatment. Under conditions of continued exposure to parasites, retreatment may be needed after 6 to 8 weeks.
Cane molasses, salt, cottonseed meal, magnesium oxide, defluorinated phosphate, rice hulls, calcium carbonate, manganese oxide, zinc oxide, iron oxide, mineral oil, manganese sulfate, iron sulfate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, magnesium sulfate, potassium sulfate, copper sulfate, cobalt carbonate, copper oxide, zinc sulfate, and cobalt sulfate.
Active drug ingredient:
Fenbendazole 750 mg/lb.
Crude Protein (min.) 4.75%, Crude Fat (min.) 0.10%, Crude Fiber (max.) 2.00%, Calcium (Ca) (min.) 0.80%, Calcium (Ca) (max.) 1.00%, Phosphorus (P) (min.) 0.07%, Salt (NaCl) (min.) 16.00%, Salt (NaCl) (max.) 18.50%, Magnesium (Mg) (min.) 3.00%, Flourine (F) (max.) 0.0002%, Ash Content (max.) 38.00%