Dutton Solid Port Sweet Iron Bit
Style #: 06-SOLID
- Dutton Bits
- 1 1/2" rounded port (this bit will not work a lot off of palate pressure on the roof of the horses mouth since the port is not 2" or higher)
- Sweet Iron on the bars on the mouthpiece
- This bit will help encourage collection and flexion as this bit mainly works off of bar pressure where the sweet iron on this mouthpiece is located
- This bit will give tongue relief where the port of the bit is located
- This bit will also work off of outside tongue pressure
- A swept back shank to discourage a horse from playing with the shank.
- This cheek allows for great balance to the bit as well as the length increases the amount of leverage to your horse's chin and poll.
- This Cavalry Shank Bit design has a 5.5" shank and an 8" cheek
- Copper twist is to increase the taste appeal to a horse and also increase salivation
- We recommend using this bit as a training tool and not riding in it everyday.
- Strong severity
This Dutton Solid Ported Bit will help encourage a horse to collect and break at the poll with your cues. The 8" cheek on this bit will have a lot of leverage to also help with collection. We recommend using this bit as a training tool and not riding in it everyday.