Dutton Smooth One by One Inlay Cavalry 8in. Cheek Bit
Style #: 07-37I
- Dutton Bit
- 1" Port Height x 1" Port Width (no palate pressure since it is under 2" in height)
- Copper Inlaid Bars
- Applies pressure mainly on the bars and outer edge of the tongue, while allowing tongue relief to the center of the tongue where the port is located
- This bit encourages excellent collection and vertical(poll) functions
- Four moving parts to this bit, both shanks move as well as the port moves where it is double jointed to the bars of the bit
- The bars of this bit are angled for Mullen Relief that makes a bit sit comfortably in a horses mouth
- This Cavalry Shank Bit design has a 2.5" purchase, 5" shank and an 8" cheek
- Shop the copper wrapped version here
- Comes with a bit hobble
Our #1 best selling Dutton Bit is this bit! We sell this exact bit also with copper wrapped bars.
This bit has a 1" x 1" Low Square Port with Smooth Copper Inlaid Bars. This bit does not work off of palate pressure but mainly bar pressure with tongue pressure. This bit gives tongue relief to the middle of the tongue where the port is located. The 8" Cavalry Cheek has a swept back shank behind the mouth for great balance and discourages a horse from lipping or bititng the shank.