Activyl Spot-On for Cats
Style #: 011-152858
- Merck Animal Health
- Kills fleas within 24 hours of application; starts killing fleas within 8 hours
- Kills fleas that may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Long-lasting protection against fleas for up to 1 month.
- Breaks the flea life cycle to prevent new fleas from developing
- Fragrance-Free, Quick-Drying
- Available in 2 sizes based on your cat’s weight - www.nrsworld.com/search.cfm
- 3 month supply
- Cats greater than 9 lb
Activyl Spot-On for Dogs and Cats are spot-on products that use indoxacarb and a mode of action that uses enzymes inside the flea to activate serious flea-killing power. They are applied to a small area of skin but soon spread on the skin and coat. Fleas don’t have to bite to take up Activyl, simply coming into contact with the skin is enough.By stopping flea eggs and larvae, in addition to killing adult fleas, Activyl breaks the life cycle. This is effective at both killing and preventing infestations.
Directions for Use:
For external use on cats and kittens only. Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age and weighing less than 2 lbs.
- Open one foil pouch and remove applicator.
- Step 1: Hold applicator in upright position away from your face and snap tip open by bending it and folding it back on itself.
- Step 2: Part your cat’s coat and place the applicator tip against the skin at the base of her skull.
- Step 3: Squeeze applicator firmly applying entire contents directly to skin. Do not allow product to run off. Do not have contact with treated area until it is completely dry.
- It is recommended to reapply every 30 days or as needed, but DO NOT apply more than 1 applicator per month.
- When application is complete, follow the Container Handling instructions under the Storage and Disposal section below.
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling
SIDE EFFECTS: Monitor your cat after application. Accidental ingestion by the cat may cause intermittent excess salivation. Other immediate post-treatment observations may include licking the face, shaking the head and squinting. In rare cases, application site reactions (e.g. scratching, redness, hair loss) may occur. These effects usually resolve without requiring treatment. Rare cases (fewer than 1 in 1,000) of neurological signs (e.g. incoordination, tremor, impaired balance, convulsions, dilated pupils, and impaired vision) and/or vomiting and very rare cases (fewer than 1 in 10,000) of decreased appetite, lethargy, hyperactivity, or vocalization may occur. These effects will generally resolve with supportive treatment. If these or other side effects occur consult a veterinarian immediately.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Harmful if absorbed through skin or swallowed. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS: For external use on cats and kittens only. Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age OR weighing less than 2 lb. Do not use on cats (male or female) intended for breeding, pregnant or nursing. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, or medicated cats. Accidental ingestion by the cat may cause intermittent excess salivation. Other immediate post-treatment observations may include licking the face, shaking the head and squinting. These effects should disappear within several minutes following exposure without requiring treatment. Individual sensitivities may occur after using any pesticide product. If signs of sensitivity occur, consult a veterinarian immediately. Certain medications can interact with pesticides.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS: Flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL:
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER HANDLING: If empty, do not reuse the container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused products down any indoor or outdoor drain.