Must-Have Western Horse Show Outfits for the 2022 Show Season
While all eyes are typically on the competitors and their fabulous horse show outfits, you'll still want to strut your stuff when you attend a show. Show season will be here before you know it, so the team at NRS is here to help you look your very best with our lineup of must-have Western show apparel for the upcoming show season.
Do's and Don'ts of Horse Show Outfits for Spectators
Before we talk about what to wear to a show, let's discuss some basic guidelines for picking your horse show outfit. The most important advice is to think about logistics, location, type of event and practicality. You'll have to contend with the weather, sun and lots of walking on potentially uneven surfaces, so choose your Western horse show outfits with these in mind. Most shows are pretty casual as far as spectators go, so it's easy to find Western horse show clothing that will look great while keeping you comfortable.
Western Show Apparel Do's:
- Relaxed yet classy - Most shows are casual affairs for spectators, but you want to look put together. Think brunch wear vs. gym gear. Jeans or pants vs. sweats.
- Layers - Dressing in layers is always a good idea. That way if it's unexpectedly windy or the weather turns, you'll be prepared.
- Sunglasses - It's not fun to squint all day, so protect your eyes while adding a bit of flair to your outfit.
- Equestrian accessories - Accessories are a great way to show off your love of horses and accent your outfit. Whether it's a pair of dainty horseshoe earrings, a wild rag and slide or a barbwire bracelet, these fun accents customize your look.
- Hat or Visor - These will help keep the sun off your face and neck and contain your hair if it's windy.
Western Show Apparel Don'ts:
- Revealing tops, shorts or skirts - Save these for more casual or nighttime events.
- Neon colors or busy patterns - Keep in mind you want the focus to be on the events.
- Hats that don't fit well - Ill-fitting hats can blow off and scare the horses.
- Open-toed shoes, high heels, sandals or flip flops - You want to protect your feet and make sure that you can walk comfortably.
- Noisy clothing or accessories - These have the potential to spook the horses.
How To Assemble the Perfect Horse Show Outfits
Depending on the weather and the type of event, choose any of these Western horse show outfits for a winning look. Here are some of our must-have women's Western show clothes.
Leggings and a Flowy Top or Tunic
Leggings are a comfortable choice for women's Western show clothes that can easily be dressed up with a longer top or tunic.
Casual Dresses and Jumpsuits
More prestigious shows require a more upscale look and these one-piece outfits are classy and comfortable Western horse show clothing choices that will make you stand out from the crowd. You'll look polished and stylish in minutes, thanks to the pull-on style. Add a floppy hat to complete the look.
Western Horse Show Clothes for Men
Guys want to look good too, and luckily stylish Western horse show clothing for men is pretty straightforward. Grab your best denim, a crisp Western shirt, shiny belt buckle and boots and you're all set. If it's a hot day, a pair of casual shoes can replace the boots for a stylish summery look.
Affordable Western Show Clothes for Kids
A common question is what to wear to a show if you're a kid? You'll want to make sure they have comfortable yet neat Western horse show outfits, so they look as fantastic as the grownups. The little ones can go full cowgirl or cowboy fabulous in a mini version of the classic horse show outfit.